Our new shop hours are Tuesday - Saturday 12-5 pm.
Our bright and airy shop boasts over 2,000 bolts of your favorite modern quilting fabrics, patterns and notions.
Do you love to come up with your own original quilt designs? Have you ever wondered how to take those designs and turn them into a sellable pattern?
Then this is the course for you! This online course is 6 weeks long and starts on June 21st.
* Learn my exact process for setting up the pattern layout in Adobe Illustrator, including how to make a stunning cover that coordinates with the colors in your quilt and brings you brand recognition
* Learn how to draw the different shapes you need to illustrate your quilt block, like squares, rectangles, triangles, half square triangles, flying geese and more inside Adobe Illustrator
* Learn how to take your sketched out quilt idea and figure out the Quilt Math needed for exact measurements of each piece, borders, binding and full fabric requirements for the pattern
* Get my favorite resources for printing your patterns and purchasing bags to package them in
* Learn how to make your pattern into a PDF for digital download sales on your website or Etsy
* Learn how to use Canva to make beautiful graphics for your pattern, social media and advertising
* Learn how to host a Sew Along to boost pattern sales and brand recognition
Click below to see all the details and the week by week course outline.
We designed the Maker's Project Planner for quilters, sewists and makers to dream, design, sketch and keep your swatches organized.
As a quilt designer myself, I've struggled to find the right notebook to sketch out my designs and write the pattern information down.
In our new planner you will find :
Graph, lined and blank pages for all of your designing and planning needs. Each project section also includes 2 pages to record your swatches and all of their information. No more losing tiny pieces of fabric you bring to the quilt shop to try and match!
You don't need to be designing your own quilts to use the Maker's Project Planner either! It's the perfect place to keep track of your projects. You can write down the name of the pattern you are using, sketch out one of it's blocks, and color it in with the fabrics you are using. It's a great way to keep yourself organized. How fun will it be to look back through your notebook and have a colorful documentation of all the amazing things you have made?
The Maker's Project Planner is a convenient 6" x 9" size and includes 150 pages, enough to hold up to 24 projects. There is a handy table of contents at the beginning so you can easily flip to the project you want.
The planner has thick, glossy covers and is spiral bound.
Let us know if we can be of assistance in any way. Fill out the Contact Us form and we will get right back to you!